You deserve a Business Manager who has a strong record of professional experience working for the members of UA Local 290. Please see below for a list of my experience and qualifications as a 41-year member of UA Local 290.
- Business Manager, 2018 to present
- Assistant Business Manager, 2009 to 2012
- Business Agent, mid-state, 2001 to 2009, appointed by Matt Walters
- Trustee – Pension, Health and Welfare, Prepaid Retiree Health and Welfare Plans, 2002 to 2012, 401K, Scholarship, Vacation, and Education Reimbursement, 2009 to 2012.
- JATC Member and Trustee, 1989 to 1991, and 2009 to 2012
- Negotiating Committee Member for the Master Labor Agreements 2003, 2009 and 2011.
- Oregon State Building and Construction Trades Council; Executive Board Member
- Oregon State Building and Construction Trades Council; President
- Salem Building and Construction Trades Council; Secretary / Treasurer
- Lane, Coos, Curry, and Douglas County Building and Construction Trades Council; President
- Oregon AFL-CIO State Convention, UA Local 290 Delegate; 2005 and 2007
- Lane Central Labor Council; UA Local 290 Delegate, First Vice President
- Southwestern Oregon Central Labor Council; UA Local 290 Delegate, Trustee
Local 290 Elected Offices
- President; Nov. 1997 to June 2001
- Vice President and Chairman of the Executive Board; Jan. 1994 to Nov. 1997
- Executive Board, Region 3; Jan. 1991 to Jan. 1994
Local 290 Elected Representative
- United Association Convention Delegate; 1991, 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011
Recent Work History
- Hoffman Mechanical Corp, Journeyman Steamfitter; June 2014 to present
- Murray Company, General Foreman; Feb. 2013 to May 2014
- Apollo Sheet Metal Inc, Foreman, General Foreman; Jan. 2012 to Feb. 2013
Work History 9/78 through 6/01
- Kinetics / Fullman Company, Corvallis OR. Superintendent 6 years, GF 2 years, Foreman 2 years, Steward 1 year. Welder: Orbital, TIG and Stick.
Other Work Included:
- Electronics Industry, Corvallis, Aloha, Salem, Gresham OR.
- Medical Facilities, Schools, OHSU, Portland, Eugene, Roseburg, Springfield, Sutherlin OR.
- Oil Modules, Portland OR.
- Manufacturing plants, St. Helens, Springfield OR, Weed CA.
- Paper mills, Springfield, Toledo, Halsey, North Bend, Newburg OR, Camas WA.
- Nuclear Power Plants, Trojan 3 outages, San Onofre units 2 and 3 CA, Limerick Units 1 and 2 PA.
- Nuclear Plants Hanford 1, 2, and 4, Hanford WA.
- Coal Fired Power Plant, Delta UT.
- Space Shuttle launch facility, Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA.
- Cherry Point Oil Refinery, Bellingham WA.
- Coal Gasification Plant, Beulah, ND.
- Commercial Controls, Roseburg, Eugene OR.
- Aluminum Smelter, Goldendale WA.
- Shipyards, Portland OR.
- Water Filtration Plant, Springfield OR.
- Started steamfitter apprenticeship 9/1978, completed 1/1983.
- 41 years as a member with continuous good standing.